Sunday 20 March 2011

Does this ever happen to you?

Your brain is moving at a million miles/second, you can't stop thinking about paint, paper, ink, fabric, colours, designs... art plans are being made in your head (whether you want them to or not) and you cannot sleep! I had this on Friday night -couldn't have slept for more than 4 hours.  I think I was overly excited about not having kids on Sat. and very eager to make art!! You would think this would result in a super productive art-making day, but...  
I think I'm just into too many things! LOL If you know me, and have seen my art, room you know this is true! Sometimes, I have a hard time narrowing down my focus.
Though I did manage to start some paintings/collages. I was dreaming about this colour combo... aubergine, lime and cerulean... I looove it! I think it's my new fave!
I have some ideas about adding more 3D stuff to these - I've been watching Sue Pelletier's video, Textures for Collage, from Interweave. I love all the great dimension in her work!

I also managed to knit a good chunk on George's Gru scarf - I will post photos when it's done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment