Thursday 22 November 2012

Rock Your Life Your Way!

I created this 12x24" mixed media canvas for my oldest son. He liked the butterfly canvas that I made for his sister, and I rarely make artwork for my kids, so I thought I'd make something special for him. The only suggestion he gave me was something with a guitar. I immediately thought of Picasso...



so this ended up in sort of a Christy Tomlinson meets Picasso style. He loved it and so did I! This is how the background started out:
The canvas was already painted red. I adhered a variety of textured and book papers here and there, painted, slathered on texture medium (tinted green) through punchinella, and did a bit of stamping. The guitar was created with cardboard and scrapbooking papers. I went on to add lots more paint, glimmer mist, drips and drops of alcohol ink, charcoal and more. Here is a shot of the finished product without any additional filters or photo editing. (All of these photos were taken with my iPhone; most were "enhanced" with Instagram.)


And a few more details...





No comments:

Post a Comment